Who Else Wants Their Pick of Ideal Consulting Clients Without Having To Do Expensive Direct Mail, Time Consuming Video Reviews or Dreaded Cold Calling?
Here’s how I went from 0 new clients in the last 7 months to closing 2 new clients and finding 4 strategic referral partners within 5 weeks of implementing this system….
With my consulting business in existence for 2 years, I had never been able to grow my business beyond my first 3 clients. When one of those clients dropped off earlier this year, I knew I needed to work harder on my business development to continue being able to pay my rent. I set about implementing a marketing plan.
At first I tried video reviews. I spent weeks at a time creating new videos, even getting some professional feedback. After sending out 51 video reviews and not getting a single new client, I was totally frustrated. What’s more, I’d spent hours creating these video reviews, and when I followed them up with a phone call, people hung up on me! I don’t know what I was doing wrong, but video reviews just didn’t work for me.
Next I tried direct cold calling. I absolutely dreaded Wednesdays (my cold calling day) and I often gave up after just a few calls cause I couldn’t bear being palmed off every time. I absolutely hated it and I think that came across in every conversation I had. So I gave up on cold calling because it didn’t compliment my strengths and made me actually dislike my own business.
By the time I sent out direct mail letters to businesses who were advertising in the local newspaper, I was really desperate to find the right thing. I tried different “grabbers”, using a print out of their website or their newspaper ad, but it was always the wrong time to contact people. They were busy, not interested, had just re-done their website (don’t you hate that one?), or just gave me a plain no.
The fact was, I found it really hard to contact the right person, at the right time and in the right way. In fact, it was such a numbers game that I spent all my time with ineffective marketing methods that just didn’t work for me…
Despite all these efforts I didn’t add a single client to my portfolio in 7 months! I was trying too hard, working long hours and I wasn’t even sure that I was doing the right thing. I was frustrated with myself and the business that I originally loved was becoming a chore because I was losing motivation and not seeing any results.
That’s when I started to look for something different. Someone suggested to me, that I should exploit my strengths and build more long-term relationships by attending networking events. At the time I thought this guy was crazy! Sure, I could build long-term relationships, but I was shy and even shaking every time I stood up in front of a group of people.
I was terrified of networking because I am more of an introvert and I had never considered myself a “networker”. However, not knowing how to pay my rent if one of my existing clients dropped out, I knew I needed to give it a try and get out of my comfort zone.
Even before I attended my first networking event, I made a big mistake and there were plenty more learnings along the way….
- I didn’t implement a strategy of where I wanted to go and why. Instead, I attended every networking event in town. Business breakfasts, lunchtime meetings, after-work speed-networking… you name it – I went there.
- I hadn’t rehearsed my pitch enough, having to read it off paper while another internet marketing consultant dazzled the same group with a great joke, leaving me wishing I had stayed at home.
- Not researching the event, so I didn’t know that I was supposed to prepare a special saying to share with the group.
So how come networking has worked for me despite making all these mistakes? Well along the way I discovered different strategies and techniques that really allowed me to leverage my time and relationships to get the most out of networking, not just before attending the event but for months following….
4 Networking Myths Busted
When people ask me about networking and how it has helped me to grow my business, they raise the same objections again and again. The truth is, it’s not these perceived disadvantages that make networking difficult – it’s how you plan to turn them into your advantage. Let me tell you why:
- Myth No. 1: Networking is time consuming. Yes, traditional networking can be time consuming and is seriously outdated. It only focuses on numbers – the more the better. Networking like this is often a chore, takes hours, even days of your time and delivers average results. In fact, often it doesn’t work at all. However, if you follow the right system that allows you to leverage your time, build strategic relationships that deliver long-term leads and build your circle of influence, you will see how your results can snowball with only a few networking events. Timewise that’s less than 10 video reviews.
- Myth No. 2: “I am too introverted.” It’s a total myth that you would have to be an extrovert to be successful at networking. Personally, I am introverted and would often prefer to be alone, rather than be around people. The fact is that it’s not whether you’re introverted or extroverted, but whether you are open to build long-term relationships with other people. There are always a mix of people at networking events – you’ll find plenty of introverts and plenty of extroverts – and you’ll be able to find the people you resonate with most. In the end, it’s not whether you’re an introvert or an extrovert that will make networking work for you – it’s whether you follow the right system.
- Myth No. 3: You can build your business while staying at home in front of your computer. Many people I know would much prefer to stay at home in front of their computer to grow their business. In fact, I used to be just like that, and I can tell you that I have NEVER closed a client without getting out of the house. If you think about it, most of the people who are successful will actually go out there, talk about their business and build real relationships with real people. If you want to stay at home and grow your business from there – go ahead. My experience, and that of many successful people is that you will need to do something differently to get different results. Personally, when I started to get out of the house and started networking, my business started growing and I have been getting 3-4 warm leads every week for the past month. So you can keep dreaming about that magical internet income or you can get serious about your business and start getting our of the house.
- Myth No. 4: “I don’t have any contacts or I have never been networking before”. That’s how everyone starts. No contacts, never been to a networking event – and one doesn’t come without the other. So if you want to build your business and be regarded as an expert in your field, you’ll need to let more and more people know about you. And the best way of doing that is to start somewhere and to go to your first networking event.
Soon people started asking me questions about networking. They wanted to know everything from how I got new clients, to how I prepared, how I pitched and how to keep in touch with people after the networking event was finished without spending too much time or money. By the time I was sharing advice on networking a couple of times every week, I nearly had a complete information product at hand.
Introducing: Networking Goldmine – The 7 Step System To Getting More Clients Through Networking Leverage
The Networking Goldmine System is built around what I call “leveraged networking”. It focuses on pre-networking strategy, the actual networking event and post-networking leverage.
In these 7 steps you will discover how to leverage your time and effort by making the right strategic decisions before you start networking, and why the most important aspect of networking comes into play AFTER the actual networking event is finished.
Within a few networking events, prospects will be coming to you, already pre-sold on your service and ready to sign up. All you need to do is bank the cheque.
Here’s an overview of what each step covers:
- Step 1 Know Thyself – Is Networking for You?
In Step 1 we explore your strengths and weaknesses so you can build your entire networking startegy around your strengths.
- Step 2 Strategy Before Tactics – Finding the Right Events For You
In Step 2 you’ll learn to set the strategy by picking the right networking events which allow you to target your ideal clients and build your network.
- Step 3 Strategy Before Tactics – Use of Energy – Prioritizing your Network
In Step 3 you’ll discover how to easily and effortlessly prioritize your network and how to build your very own Power Group.
- Step 4 Build a Strong Position – Networking Etiquette
In Step 4 I’ll explain how you can make the most out of attending each networking event and you’ll discover how to avoid the deadly networking mistakes.
- Step 5 Take Advantage of Opportunities – Debriefing after the event
In Step 5 you’ll find out how to best de-brief after the event to set up your post-networking leverage.
- Step 6 Variation of Tactics – Following Up
In Step 6 you’ll learn which methods will save you time while still creating a personal relationship with your potential clients and referral partners.
- Step 7 Employment of Secret Agents – Keeping Top of People’s Minds
In Step 7 you’ll discover the secrets to building long-term relationships and staying on top of people’s minds without being annoying or spending a lot of time.
“Having been a self-employed Marketing and Public Relations Consultant for many years and, knowing how difficult it can be to obtain new clients, I wish I’d had access to a great system like this. The information Janna put together for “Networking Goldmine” is comprehensive and extremely helpful – it’s truly a time-saving, value-packed, 7 Step Networking System, for not only getting more referrals but for then turning those referrals into full paying clients.”
P.S. This offer is backed by my 100% satisfaction guarantee, you have absolutely nothing to lose and no reason not to take action, but this is a time sensitive offer, so to get access to Networking Goldmine at this introductory price, you have to act now before the price goes up. This is the guaranteed lowest price you will ever find.
Networking Goldmine Membership is currently close for New Members.
You can be the first to be updated when the Membership opens again.
Just submit your details to the waiting list below